- Was born and raised in the United Kingdom
- Have a TEFL / TESOL certificate
- Have 10 years experience as an English teacher – 11 years offline and 5 years online
- Have worked with both children and adults, from entry to advanced level
- Have helped my students with IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL, Medical English, preparations for job interviews, conference speech preparation, grammar, conversation…
- Have worked with people from 18 different counties.
My name is Sofija, and I currently live in Serbia. I love watching movies and YouTube videos, taking my dog to the walk, collecting weird things and scuba diving! My goal for 2018. is to read at least one book a month and to try to learn a new language. My favorite cities are Paris and Istanbul, and I would love to visit Iceland. I love volunteering and helping others.
I spent my whole childhood traveling and temporary living in different countries due to my dad’s job. After elementary school I finished high school specialized for languages, where part of my classes were held in English. I started working as a private English tutor as soon as I finished my high school. I worked mainly with children and adults who wanted to practice their conversation skills, as they didn’t have many chance to use English in their daily lives. I graduated from a Law university in Belgrade, but after studies I came back to my first love – English language. Few years back I discovered online teaching and I’ve been working online since then.
During my online career I worked with people from 18 different counties, which is the best experience I could ask for. I enjoy meeting new people and I believe that English is making the world smaller. I think conversational English is very important especially for people who don’t have possibility to use it regularly. But also, next to conversational English I can help my students prepare for different certificates, job interviews, conferences. I also have experience teaching medical English, which is great for medical students and workers, but also for people who want to know more about this field, as it can be very helpful for people who travel to foreign countries.
See you soon!